News from TEPRI
Champion, A Calpine Company signs on as a Premier Member of TEPRI
We are pleased to welcome Champion Energy, a Calpine company as a Premier member of TEPRI. Calpine is America’s largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources, and we’re excited to have them on our team. Through their membership, Champion is supporting our mission to inspire lasting energy solutions for low-income communities.
We are also thrilled to announce John Daily, Strategic Origination Director of Calpine Corporation, as our newest Director on our Board of Directors.
Interested in becoming a member of TEPRI? Find out more about our membership opportunities today!
Announcing our 2017 Research Priorities
Focused on inspiring lasting energy solutions for low-income communities, TEPRI will focus on the following six research priorities in 2017:
- Energy Poverty Clearinghouse. A comprehensive, user-friendly data repository of consolidated information and research on energy poverty.
- Low-Income Profile Report. A demographics study of low-income energy consumers across the state.
- Energy Efficiency Program Benchmarking. A benchmark of energy efficiency programs across the state based on current and historical PUC filings.
- Impact Calculator. Development of a tool to be used to attempt to predict potential impact of energy burden relief programs or solutions in different areas.
- Impact Project Series. An impact demonstration project focused on one of the following areas: Energy Efficiency, Customer Engagement, Financial Mechanisms, or Clean Energy Technologies.
- Best-In-Class Case Studies. Evaluate the best practices of TEPRI members’ various services, programs and technologies as they relate to the costs and/or beneficial impacts to Texas low-income energy customers.
UT Energy Week
I am honored to be participating in UT’s Energy Week! This gathering of experts from academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations will explore and debate some of our most vital energy issues. The event will take place February 7-10 and I will be speaking on the changing consumer-utility relationship. You can register here to attend.
Follow at @UTEnergyWeek
2017 SPEER Summit
Don’t miss the 2017 SPEER Summit! The summit is the premier energy efficiency event for Texas and Oklahoma and will explore topics such as Utility of the Future, Lighting Trends & Innovation, and more. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about this field and to network with the country’s key players on energy and efficiency issues. It will be held at the Westin in Downtown Austin on February 7-8, 2017.
Follow at #2017SPEERSummit