Our 2017 Energy Poverty Research Landscape Analysis revealed that reinventing energy consumer engagement is the most glaring and broadly agreed...
Committed to inspiring lasting energy solutions for low-income communities, TEPRI will focus on the following three goals in 2017-2018:
I. Raise Awareness and Increase Understanding of Energy Poverty
- Develop a comprehensive and consolidated repository of information and research on energy poverty.
- Clearly define the issue of energy poverty and identify contributing factors.
- Resource and equip key stakeholders (industry, policymakers, academia, etc.) with accessible, relevant and up-to-date information on energy poverty that can be used for education, policy and programs benefiting the low-income consumer.
- Analyze gaps in existing knowledge and research to determine future areas of study with highest impact capacity.
- Improve the quality of life for low-income Texans by informing and equipping energy power market participants.
Projects Supporting this Priority:
TEPRI is developing a comprehensive data repository in order to raise awareness of energy poverty and serve as a resource...
II. Identify and Target Communities of Greatest Need
- Develop detailed low-income state-wide population data by geography and market segment, examining factors related to demographics, income, housing, and health.
- Clearly define the low-income consumer market and needs to encourage technological innovation.
- Improve the quality of life for low-income Texans through energy by informing and equipping power market participants to:
- Reduce barriers to outreach and education
- Increase effectiveness of energy efficiency programs
- Evaluate policy and funding requirements to address energy poverty issues
- Explore models to employ renewable energy technologies to reduce energy burdens
III. Establish Path for Making an Impact
- Develop measurement methodology for the impact TEPRI makes on energy solutions for Texas’ low-income community.
- Create a baseline of energy efficiency programs across the state based on current and historical PUC filings. Track data over time and establish trends, and through collaboration with our members, determine the realized impact of our work.
- Evaluate TEPRI members’ various services, programs or technologies as they relate to beneficial impacts to Texas low-income energy customers and identify best practices in programs targeted at Low-Income Consumers